Special Novena to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- That all Christians and especially Catholics may be granted the grace to know better and to foster devotion to the special alliance between the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, forged in the mystery of the Incarnation and consummated in their joint suffering of the Cross;
- That there may be a wider devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, particularly through the prayerful use of the Miraculous Medal;
- That the Church in America may be led wisely, prudently, and courageously by Her pastors and Bishops, especially in the midst of an increasingly unpropitious culture and inimical government;
- That our civil leaders may uphold and protect the fundamental right to the free exercise of religion both in worship practices as well as in the daily living out of the principles of faith; that the executive, in particular, will rescind the unconstitutional and unconscionable orders which already threaten to encroach upon this right; that the Supreme Court may deliberate wisely and decide justly the question of whether the State has a a right and interest in fundamentally altering the definitions of marriage and family; that the poor and wandering in our land, specially loved by God, be given their due in justice and their privilege in charity, by the civil authority and the Christian community alike;
- That the culture of death and relativism, and all willful giving in to the temptations born of the world, the flesh, and the devil - especially the great evil of abortion - be abolished in our hearts and in our society and replaced with an obedience heeding Mary's wise words to the Church in all ages: "Do whatever He tells you."
O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion these petitions we place before you today.